Epoxy floors offer a reliable and durable surface for residential and commercial flooring. Epoxy floor coatings are normally applied over concrete floors to provide a high performance, smooth and durable surface that can last many years or withstand heavy loads.
Epoxy Floor Coating Advantages
Epoxy floor coatings offer many advantages when compared to other traditional coatings applied over concrete. The following can be considered the most important advantages:
- Epoxy coatings will create a shiny high gloss surface. The brightness of an area with epoxy floor can be increased by 200%
- It offers a hard wearing durable surface able to withstand heavy and continuous traffic.
- Epoxy floors are really fast and easy to install.
- Durable and easy to clean
- Ideal for residential, commercial and industrial applications, and sometimes no paint is required over the epoxy finishing.
- Resists oil stains, beads water, and wipes super clean and will create a seamless surface
- Epoxy floor, when applied properly can last several years.
- Can be combined with paints and colors to mask off chips and cracks
- Provide a chemically resistant surface ideal for manufacturing plants
- Epoxy floors offer enhanced safety by creating an anti-slip surface, heat, and fire resistant solution to concrete floors.
- Different patterns can be combined to create driveways and/or identify walkable areas.
- Prevent wear and tear on the existing concrete floor.
- Epoxy floors are considered environmentally friendly solutions.
- Some of the products used can also be combined with self-leveling products that can be applied over new or old concrete.
- Require little or no major maintenance.